Hi,

looking for a backup solution compareable to vmware/veeam - ie. features like
agent-less, incremental, lan-free backups with dedup and single item restore.
As I understand the main construction site for all commercial backup solutions
available for kvm/rhev was the underlying qemu with its CBT implementation. The
main functions should now be implemented as there are solutions like vprotect
which state that they support incremental backups for rhev. But as I read at
https://www.openvirtualization.pro/agent-less-backup-strategies-for-ovirt-rhv-environments/
 there might still be some drawbacks.
Are there ressources or a roadmap covering the state of the backup/recovery
process, ie. what is possible now and whats in progress? I'm sure a big
showstopper for open source virtualization projects are is uncertainty about
backup/recovery and especially disaster recovery processes.

Follow up questions to the users with bigger environments:
Whats your current backup and DR strategy?
Does anybody have experience with commercially availbe backup solutions like
Bacula, SEP, Commvault, etc.?