Hi!

We are using oVirt 4.1.9 with quotas enabled. The usual quota is 40GB per user, usually used for a webserver. It is created from a template with a 40GB disk. When such users try to create a snapshot of their VM, oVirt blocks the operation with "Cannot create Snapshot. Quota has insufficient storage resources."

I could increase the quota to 2x size. But then users would create additional disks, snapshot creation would fail due to insufficient storage resources and we're back to square one.

I could increase "Storage Grace" to 200%. It would take users longer to figure out that they can create additional disk even if the quota showed 100% full. But sooner or later we would be back to square one.

Is it possible to exclude snapshots from the quota system?

Kind regards,
Mitja

P.S.
"Storage Threshold" is currently set to 80% and "Storage Grace" to 120%. Where can we change the default settings to something else? E.g. new quotas would have "Storage Threshold" set to 90% and "Storage Grace" to 160%.