On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 11:59 AM <markus.f...@mafalb.at> wrote:

> Hi,
> I just upgraded some ovirt node 4.2.8 to ovirt node 4.3.4
> After a
>
> ...snip
> # yum update ovirt-node-ng-image-update
> snap...
>
> I rebooted, and afterwards I wanted to run a yum update like I was doing it
> with the previous versions, but
>
> ...snip
> # yum update --disableplugin fastestmirror,subscription-manager
> Loaded plugins: enabled_repos_upload, imgbased-persist, package_upload,
> product-id, search-disabled-repos, vdsmupgrade, versionlock
> Repository centos-sclo-rh-release is listed more than once in the
> configuration
> Excluding 76 updates due to versionlock (use "yum versionlock status" to show
> them)
> No packages marked for update
> Uploading Enabled Repositories Report
> Cannot upload enabled repos report, is this client registered?
> snap...
>
> "Excluding 76 updates due to versionlock" !
>
> Many packages are locked via the yum-versionlock plugin, also many system
> packages like the kernel and python (well, these 2 got my attention because
> there were security updates published recently). Isn't it recommended anymore
> to update the these packages to the latest versions? Do you use modified
> packages (different from CentOS?) Is it safe to remove the versionlock?

You should wait for next node release and upgrade to that.

Nothing prevents you from removing lines from versionlock and running
'yum update', but I have no idea what happens on your next node
upgrade - e.g. if it contains newer packages that what you manually
updated, will yours take over (thus cause a downgrade), etc. If you
think you really need/want to do that, experiment carefully, and if
you think it's a valid need/request, please open a bug.

Good luck and best regards,
--
Didi