Hi,

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 03:49:44PM -0000, Darin Schmidt wrote:
> I have 2 usb controllers installed via a riser card plugged
> into a M.2 slot. (Like those used for mining with GPU's).
> Everything works great for a long time, then my Windows 10 VM
> freezes and I lose all USB activity. LSPCI still sees the
> devices:
>
> 0a:00.0 USB controller: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1142 USB 3.1 Host
> Controller
> 0b:00.0 USB controller: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1142 USB 3.1 Host
> Controller
> 43:00.0 USB controller: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1142 USB 3.1 Host
> Controller
> 44:00.0 USB controller: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1142 USB 3.1 Host
> Controller
>
> I assume a and b are the same physical card as its supposed to
> have 2 channels each, same with 44 and 43.
>
> I tried for both 44 and 43
>
> echo "1" > /sys/bus/pci/devices/0000\:43\:00.0/remove
> echo "1" > /sys/bus/pci/rescan
> echo "1" > /sys/bus/pci/devices/0000\:43\:00.0/reset
>
> This did not work. I cannot determine if its just the VM thats
> no longer seeing/using the hardware or if its the hardware
> itself. I wonder if its a power state thing as well? Nothing I
> plug into the card seems to be recognized. Any Suggestions?

I'd guess that it could be some state issue in the host too.

If you are using remote-viewer + spice for usbredir, you might
consider checking the logs from the client to see channel's state
when windows freezes. Log from spice server could also say if the
issue is in the host + spice, but depending on the issue could be
usb on qemu or guest drivers /o\

> rebooting the VM doesnt help either. It appears the hardware is
> functioning, but anything you plug into it isnt being detected.

If you disconnect + connect your client, any changes? Which kind
of usb device are you redirecting?

Cheers,
Victor