After a few tricky power issues at a site in a less developed country, I had to
restart my 3 node ovirt cluster with hosted engine. Everything seemed to come
up fine, but that night when my scheduled snapshots/backups etc ran (vProtect)
some weird things happened. It created a couple snapshots and couldn't copy
them saying disk is locked (even though in the GUI no disks or snapshots were
locked)

After a couple tries all of a sudden the whole VM is 'locked' this means I
can't migrate it, cant start it (if it shuts down) couldn't remove old
snapshots etc. I had this happen on another VM and my only solution there was
to clone it, but now its happened to all of them and im not sure why.

I have run the db utility on command line to unlock everything, nothing is
listed as locked, but I still cant run any operations on the VM's. I even
cloned them to get them up and running again, but I can't delete the old VM
still sitting there (or the disk, snapshots or anything) just keep getting VM
is locked.

How the hell do I force an unlock of these entities when everything tells me
its not locked? I'm almost at a point where I want to back up all VM's and
start again but i'd much rather learn some more so I can manage these issues in
future.

Any help is appreciated!

thanks