If you manage to get your VM on the gluster - you are almost done.
I had similar situation and using virsh/hosted-engine , I have managed to reach
the GUI.
From there we can have a Clue what is going on.
Usually there is a dependency:
- Master storage domain should be UP
-This allows the DC to become UP
-Then a host in the cluster can become SPM (control storage)
-And only then you can start your other gluster volumes.

So I can only recommend you to try to reach GUI and check the situation. Then
it will be moderately easy to bring everything up.

Best Regards,