Hey folks,

quick question: If I would like to use specific versions (contained within the host) and craft myself a specific environment for the hosts am I correct to assume that only installing the ovirt repo and a gluster version of my choice (cough, 7.0) would suffice? Then adding the host via an engine (and taking the ususal steps as you would for an ovirt node: ssh keys et all)?

To my understanding the rollout is done via ansible so packages will be installed if not present? The installation is pretty vague on this point (https://www.ovirt.org/download/):

1. Enable the Base, Optional, and Extra repositories
2. Install Cockpit and the cockpit-ovirt-dashboard plugin:
3. Enable Cockpit
4. Open the firewall
5. - 9. Deploy using a hosted engine.

So, by using a remote engine (aka, like an additional host):

1. Enable the Base, Optional, and Extra repositories

the end?

I would use CentOS 7 as a base which I am very familiar with. I would also setup Gluster by hand so "Only" the virtualization part needs to be done.

This would, among other things, grant me perfect host recovery options for a 1-host disaster case. We are looking at a base CentOS7 install without any deep modifications (except for some packages etc).

Enjoy your weekend, all! :-)

-Christian.

--
Christian Reiss - em...@christian-reiss.de         /"\  ASCII Ribbon
                   christ...@reiss.nrw              \ /    Campaign

 GPG Retrieval http://gpg.christian-reiss.de
 GPG ID ABCD43C5, 0x44E29126ABCD43C5
 GPG fingerprint = 9549 F537 2596 86BA 733C  A4ED 44E2 9126 ABCD 43C5

 "It's better to reign in hell than to serve in heaven.",
                                          John Milton, Paradise lost.