Hi,

This is not really an OVirt matter but I'll try my chance if anyone here
has already had this kind of issue or could help

I've two bare metal servers in two different network subnets with same
release version of RHVH/Ovirt.

I use an automated script to deploy VMs on both, and provision a docker
repository file there on VMs.

The issue I'm facing is when I'm trying to query `container-selinux`
package. It works on VMs from one of my bare metal servers, and not from
the other.

first sever's VM:

    [root@cpu-node0 ~]# /bin/repoquery --show-duplicates --plugins
> --disablerepo '' --enablerepo '' --qf
>  '%{name}|%{epoch}|%{version}|%{release}|%{arch}|%{repoid}'
> container-selinux
>     container-selinux|2|2.107|1.el7_6|noarch|extras
>     container-selinux|2|2.107|3.el7|noarch|extras
>     [root@cpu-node0 ~]#

Second server's VM :

    [root@cpu-node0 ~]# /bin/repoquery --show-duplicates --plugins
> --disablerepo '' --enablerepo '' --qf
>  '%{name}|%{epoch}|%{version}|%{release}|%{arch}|%{repoid}'
> container-selinux
>     Could not match packages: failure: repodata/repomd.xml from
> docker-engine: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
>     https://yum.dockerproject.org/repo/main/centos/7/repodata/repomd.xml:
> [Errno 14] HTTPS Error 404 - Not Found
>     [root@cpu-node0 ~]#

The yum repo configuration on both VMs running on each bare metal server:

    [root@cpu-node0 ~]# ll /etc/yum.repos.d/
>     total 44
>     -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 1664  5 sept. 13:05 CentOS-Base.repo
>     -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 1309  5 sept. 13:05 CentOS-CR.repo
>     -rw-r--r--. 1 root root  649  5 sept. 13:05 CentOS-Debuginfo.repo
>     -rw-r--r--. 1 root root  314  5 sept. 13:05 CentOS-fasttrack.repo
>     -rw-r--r--. 1 root root  630  5 sept. 13:05 CentOS-Media.repo
>     -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 1331  5 sept. 13:05 CentOS-Sources.repo
>     -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 6639  5 sept. 13:05 CentOS-Vault.repo
>     -rw-r--r--. 1 root root  369  2 mars  23:31 docker.repo
>     -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 1050 17 sept. 23:25 epel.repo
>     -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 1149 17 sept. 23:25 epel-testing.repo
>     [root@cpu-node0 ~]#

docker.repo file content on both VMs :

    [root@cpu-node0 ~]# cat /etc/yum.repos.d/docker.repo
>     [docker-ce]
>     name=Docker-CE Repository
>     baseurl=https://download.docker.com/linux/centos/7/$basearch/stable
>     enabled=1
>     gpgcheck=1
>     keepcache=1
>     gpgkey=https://download.docker.com/linux/centos/gpg
>
>     [docker-engine]
>     name=Docker-Engine Repository
>     baseurl=https://yum.dockerproject.org/repo/main/centos/7
>     enabled=1
>     gpgcheck=1
>     keepcache=1
>     gpgkey=https://yum.dockerproject.org/gpg
>     [root@cpu-node0 ~]#

Repo list on the first VM :

    [root@cpu-node0 ~]# yum repolist
>     id du dépôt
>               nom du dépôt
>                                                      statut
>     base/7/x86_64
>               CentOS-7 - Base
>                                                     10 097
>     docker-ce/x86_64
>              Docker-CE Repository
>                                                        68
>     !docker-engine
>              Docker-Engine Repository
>                                                       110
>     epel/x86_64
>               Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 7 - x86_64
>                                                      13 199
>     extras/7/x86_64
>               CentOS-7 - Extras
>                                                        323
>     updates/7/x86_64
>              CentOS-7 - Updates
>                                                     1 478
>     repolist: 25 275
>     [root@cpu-node0 ~]#

Yum repo list on the second VM:

    [root@cpu-node0 ~]# yum repolist
>     https://yum.dockerproject.org/repo/main/centos/7/repodata/repomd.xml:
> [Errno 14] HTTPS Error 404 - Not Found
>     Essai d'un autre miroir.
>     To address this issue please refer to the below wiki article
>
>     https://wiki.centos.org/yum-errors
>
>     If above article doesn't help to resolve this issue please use
> https://bugs.centos.org/.
>
>     docker-ce/x86_64/primary_db
>
>                                    |  40 kB  00:00:05
>     https://yum.dockerproject.org/repo/main/centos/7/repodata/repomd.xml:
> [Errno 14] HTTPS Error 404 - Not Found
>     Essai d'un autre miroir.
>     id du dépôt
>               nom du dépôt
>                                                      statut
>     base/7/x86_64
>               CentOS-7 - Base
>                                                     10 097
>     docker-ce/x86_64
>              Docker-CE Repository
>                                                        68
>     docker-engine
>               Docker-Engine Repository
>                                                           0
>     epel/x86_64
>               Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 7 - x86_64
>                                                      13 199
>     extras/7/x86_64
>               CentOS-7 - Extras
>                                                        323
>     updates/7/x86_64
>              CentOS-7 - Updates
>                                                     1 478
>     repolist: 25 165
>     [root@cpu-node0 ~]#

I also get the message below when trying to curl the repository URL :

>     [root@cpu-node0 ~]#curl
> https://yum.dockerproject.org/repo/main/centos/7/repodata/repomd.xml
>
>     <!doctype html>

>     <head></head>

>       <h1>Notice: Shutting down dockerproject.org APT and YUM repos
> 2020-03-31</h1>

> repositories hosted at "dockerproject.org" and "dockerproject.com" on the
> 31st of March 2020.</p>

> repositories, and recommend updating to use the "download.docker.com"
> repository to prevent disruption.</p>

> https://www.docker.com/blog/changes-dockerproject-org-apt-yum-repositories/

Looks like docker does not want anyone to use this repo anymore. Probably
they started issuing the error from today I guess.

Of course the two VMs do not have `subscription-manager` package installed,
neither subscription attached, they don't need actually in our context, but
why is there a mirror issue on one VM and not on the other, whose OS and
system configuration is the same on both, except that they are locate in
two different networks?

Can someone have any idea of why this happens please?

Kind regards,
Eugène NG
--
LesCDN <http://lescdn.com>