Looks like I have a defective CPU after all this.  The machine always had
the odd stability issue that we never tracked down but enabling these
options seems to have made it hang every time.  I ran with one CPU in a
socket at a time and I have one good CPU and one bad.  It hangs every time
while the other boots with no issues and I can see passthrough enabled in
the node details.

On a related note, how do I remove an old host from the Engine
Compute->Hosts view?  There doesn't seem to be an option to delete/forget
it?  It seems to have a Status of Unassigned with only Restart/Stop options
in the Managment drop down menu.  I want to reassign the node name to the
reinstalled host.

Shareef.