On 19-4-2020 15:21, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm trying what in subject as a nested environment.
> Physical is oVirt 4.3.9
Me too.

> I configured the VM that has to be the hypervisor with cpu passthrough.
> The local VM starts ok with these settings:
>
> usr/libexec/qemu-kvm -name guest=HostedEngineLocal,debug-threads=on -S
> -object
> secret,id=masterKey0,format=raw,file=/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/domain-1-HostedEngineLocal/master-key.aes
> -machine pc-q35-rhel8.1.0,accel=kvm,usb=off,dump-guest-core=off -cpu
> Cascadelake-Server,ss=on,hypervisor=on,tsc-adjust=on,umip=on,pku=on,md-clear=on,stibp=on,arch-capabilities=on,ibpb=on,rdctl-no=on,ibrs-all=on,skip-l1dfl-vmentry=on,mds-no=on,kvmclock=on
>
> When at final stage of deployment it tries to start the final engine
> VM it goes down due to this in vdsm.log:

I have just completed a HCI setup with 4.4beta4, thanks Gianluca for you
character by character workaround for step 1 of that wizard, and don't
have the cpu flags problem.
The wizard completed successfully and I now have a working 4.4beta4
engine using glusterfs, :-)
output of lscpu:
CPU family:            6
Model:                 85
Model name:            Intel(R) Xeon(R) Silver 4114 CPU @ 2.20GHz
Stepping:              4

And I used Pass-Through Host CPU for the VM that is acting as the next
level host and thus runs the hosted-engine.

Regards,

Joop