Hi,

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 12:14:28PM -0000, ozme...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
> We're using oVirt 4.3 and want to use spice streaming to better
> user experience, for example youtube etc.
> I've tried to use before_vm_start script, but lots of problems
> came out.
> 1 - on  default environmet, hook script returns of no such file
> or directory, because python3 does not exist on the system if i
> install python3, vdsm stops working if change interpreter in
> the script, vdms retuns rc=0 error code hook=114 and it does
> not appear on the vm custom properties So, could you help me to
> run this hook properly
> we've tested
> https://github.com/oVirt/vdsm/tree/master/vdsm_hooks/spiceoptions
> Master and 4.3  branch returns same error code and nothing appeared on the
> "custom properties"
>
> is there anyone who is use it successfully

Sorry, I can't help much on the oVirt hook/setup ...

> 2 -  for this experince is GPU neccessery (not vGPU) , our
> server has standard 8mb onboard gpu

... but no, you don't need GPU in the host for this feature.
Spice streaming in the host supports two encoders: a mjepg
implementation in spice and a gstreamer one with support to
mjpeg, h264 and vp8. The encoding parameters are hardcoded but
I've tested them all in the past and worked well for youtube-like
scenarios... but feel free to open bugs upstream if not [0]

[0] https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/spice/spice

Good luck with the hook.

Cheers,
Victor