On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 12:23 PM Michaël Couren <cou...@abes.fr> wrote:

> > Also, please note that in el8 (which will be the only supported OS for
> > oVirt 4.4), if you do not want to use firewalld, might have to
> > convert/amend your scripts/conf to use nftables.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > Didi
>
> Hi, I'm still using iptables on CentOS8-stream but not sure if it uses
> nftables or the "old" good netfilter
> in the backend.

Didn't play yet at all with either nftables or EL8's iptables. Only
recently realized it's indeed included:

https://gerrit.ovirt.org/108265

> (Debian 10 documentation seems more precise on this point)
> By the way I don't use it on oVirt nodes just on VMs... Just saying it is
> possible.

Yes, saw that too. Also that on a firewalld managed EL8 machine,
'iptables-save' says:
# Generated by xtables-save v1.8.2 on Wed Apr 22 12:50:13 2020
# Completed on Wed Apr 22 12:50:13 2020
# Table `firewalld' is incompatible, use 'nft' tool.

So this tells me, without learning nft, to be careful...

Thanks!
--
Didi