Thank you Lucia, that's good news to hear. Is this something that might be
fixed up in the 4.4.1 release whenever it comes along, and/or something simple
to patch to get a clean deploy using 4.4.0? I have the servers and time to
experiment with for now. If I can somehow edit that
    '4:Secure AMD
EPYC:svm,nx,ibpb,ssbd,model_EPYC:EPYC,+ibpb,+virt-ssbd:x86_64; '

line to instead use amd-ssbd before it's added to the vdc_options table, and
thus used for the HostedEngine config, I think it'd work. I could be wildly
wrong, I'm basing that guess on the fact that all I have to do is swap
'virt-ssbd' with 'amd-ssbd' in the xml and can start the failed-to-deploy
HostedEngine VM right up.

Thank you!
Mark