On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 10:18 PM Philip Brown <pbr...@medata.com> wrote:

> Okay, since you asked:
>
> (note: this is in node 4.3.10. but hosted-engine is 4.2
>  I'd LIKE to upgrade it. but the upgrade process is broken.
>  thats a whole nuther story, aobut how postgresql10 doesnt show up even
> though its required for
>       yum update 'ovirt*setup'
>   :-/)
>

> 1. go to individual node UI.
> 2. Click on Storage
> 3. Look at the right-sdie aera for "Volume Groups". click on the one that is
> for your master data volume
> 4. Click on the Rename button on the top right. Pick something sensible

OK, so you are renaming logical volumes *outside* of oVirt.

The node UI is *not* part of oVirt. This is just like running:

    # lvrename ...

In the shell.

I think this is one of the issues caused by not having lvm filter in the host.
With a proper lvm filter, the node UI will not be able to access the
logical volumes
used by oVirt, that should be managed only by oVirt.

Please try this:

1. Open a  rootshell in the node (using ssh or node UI)
2. Create lvm filter:

    vdsm-tool config-lvm-filter

Answer "yes" when the tool asks to confirm.

3. Go to the node UI - you should not be able to see or modify logical volumes
managed by oVit.