On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 12:35 PM Yedidyah Bar David <d...@redhat.com> wrote:
> > However, when trying to install 4.4 on the test CentOS 8.x (now 8.2
> > after yesterday release), either manually (via hosted-engine --deploy)
> > or by using cockpit, fails when trying to download packages (see
> > attached logs) during the hosted engine deployment phase.
>
> Right. Didn't check them - I guess it's the same, no?

Most likely you are correct. That said, the console version is more verbose.

> > Just to be clear, it is the hosted engine VM (during the deployment
> > process) that fails to automatically download packages, _not_ the
> > host.
>
> Exactly. That's why I asked you (because the logs do not reveal that)
> to manually login there and try to install (update) the package, and
> see what happens, why it failes, etc. Can you please try that? Thanks.

Sadly enough, the failure comes early in the hosted engine deployment
process, making the VM completely inaccessible.
While I see qemu-kvm briefly start, it usually dies before I have any
chance to access it.

Can I somehow prevent hosted-engine --deploy from destroying the
hosted engine VM, when the deployment fails, giving me access to it?

- Gilboa