Il giorno mar 7 lug 2020 alle ore 18:07 Nir Soffer <nsof...@redhat.com> ha
scritto:

> On Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 5:05 PM Łukasz Kołaciński <l.kolacin...@storware.eu>
> wrote:
>
>> Dear ovirt community,
>>

> Hi Łukasz,
>
> Adding de...@ovit.org since this topic is more appropriate for the devel
> list.
>

>> I am trying to use ovirt imageio api to receive changed blocks (dirty
>> bitmap) on ovirt 4.4. Could anyone tell me how to get them step by step? On
>> the documentation I saw endpoint "GET /images/ticket-uuid/map". I don't
>> know what ticket-uuid is and how to generate it. I also need to know how to
>> use this api because I can't reach it via /ovirt-engine/api/
>>
>> I am asking about this endpoint:
>>
>> https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/incremental-backup-guide/incremental-backup-guide.html#imageio-backup-api
>>

> This guide is outdated and should not be used now.

Let's ensure the official documentation will be aligned ASAP to what has
been released.
+Petr Kovar <pko...@redhat.com> can you please handle this?

> [...]
>
> https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-imageio/blob/d5aa0e1fe659f1bf1247516f83c71e072803fa05/daemon/ovirt_imageio/_internal/backends/http.py#L498
>
> We are adding a ImageioClient API that makes it easier to consume without
> writing any HTTP code:
> https://gerrit.ovirt.org/c/110068
>
> With this you can use:
>
>     with ImageioClient(transfer.transfer_url, cafile=args.cafile) as
> client:
>         for extent in client.extent("dirty"):
>             if extent.dirty:
>                 print("##dirty start={} length={}".format(extent.start,
> extent.length))
>                 client.write_to(sys.stdout.buffer, extent.start,
> extent.length)
>                 print()
>
> This will stream the dirty extents to stdout. Not very useful as is, but
> illustrates how
> you can consume the data.
>
> Here is an example writing extents to a sparse stream format:
> https://gerrit.ovirt.org/c/110069
>
> For complete backup example code see:
>
> https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-engine-sdk/blob/master/sdk/examples/backup_vm.py
>
> Note the new imagetransfer helper module:
>
> https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-engine-sdk/blob/master/sdk/examples/helpers/imagetransfer.py
>
> Nir
>
> e-mail: l.kolacin...@storware.eu
>> <m.helb...@storware.eu>
>>

>> *[image: STORWARE]* <http://www.storware.eu/>
>>

>> *ul. Leszno 8/44 01-192 Warszawa www.storware.eu
>> <https://www.storware.eu/>*
>>
>> *[image: facebook]* <https://www.facebook.com/storware>
>>
>> *[image: twitter]* <https://twitter.com/storware>
>>
>> *[image: linkedin]* <https://www.linkedin.com/company/storware>
>>
>> *[image: Storware_Stopka_09]*
>> <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKvLitYPyAplBctXibFWrkw>
>>

>> *Storware Spółka z o.o. nr wpisu do ewidencji KRS dla M.St. Warszawa
>> 000510131* *, NIP 5213672602.** Wiadomość ta jest przeznaczona jedynie
>> dla osoby lub podmiotu, który jest jej adresatem i może zawierać poufne
>> i/lub uprzywilejowane informacje. Zakazane jest jakiekolwiek przeglądanie,
>> przesyłanie, rozpowszechnianie lub inne wykorzystanie tych informacji lub
>> podjęcie jakichkolwiek działań odnośnie tych informacji przez osoby lub
>> podmioty inne niż zamierzony adresat. Jeżeli Państwo otrzymali przez
>> pomyłkę tę informację prosimy o poinformowanie o tym nadawcy i usunięcie
>> tej wiadomości z wszelkich komputerów. **This message is intended only
>> for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
>> confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
>> dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon,
>> this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient
>> is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please contact
>> the sender and remove the material from all of your computer systems.*

Sandro Bonazzola

MANAGER, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, EMEA R&D RHV

Red Hat EMEA <https://www.redhat.com/>

sbona...@redhat.com
<https://www.redhat.com/>

*Red Hat respects your work life balance. Therefore there is no need to
answer this email out of your office hours.
<https://mojo.redhat.com/docs/DOC-1199578>*