On Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 4:40 PM Anton Louw via Users <users@ovirt.org>
wrote:

> Hi Andrea,
>

> I have had sleepless nights with the same issue, but eventually figured it
> out. The two commands I used are below:
>

>    1. Backup the configs
>
> engine-backup --scope=all --mode=backup --file=Full --log=Log_Full
>

>    1. Restore the configs
>
> engine-backup --mode=restore --file=Full --log=Log_Full --provision-db
> --provision-dwh-db --restore-permissions

Andrea asked about hosted-engine, where you do not (by default) run restore
manually yourself.

> I ran the second command after I built a new HE from scratch. You just
> need to download the backup files from the original and copy them to the
> new HE before you restore.
>

> Give it a bash and see if it works for you.
>

> Cheers
>

> *Anton Louw*
> *Cloud Engineer: Storage and Virtualization* at *Vox*
> ------------------------------
> *T:*  087 805 0000 | *D:* 087 805 1572
> *M:* N/A
> *E:* anton.l...@voxtelecom.co.za
> *A:* Rutherford Estate, 1 Scott Street, Waverley, Johannesburg
> www.vox.co.za
>
> [image: F] <https://www.facebook.com/voxtelecomZA>
> [image: T] <https://www.twitter.com/voxtelecom>
> [image: I] <https://www.instagram.com/voxtelecomza/>
> [image: L] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/voxtelecom>
> [image: Y] <https://www.youtube.com/user/VoxTelecom>
>
> [image: #VoxBrand]
> <https://www.vox.co.za/fibre/fibre-to-the-home/?prod=HOME>
> *Disclaimer*
>
> The contents of this email are confidential to the sender and the intended
> recipient. Unless the contents are clearly and entirely of a personal
> nature, they are subject to copyright in favour of the holding company of
> the Vox group of companies. Any recipient who receives this email in error
> should immediately report the error to the sender and permanently delete
> this email from all storage devices.
>
> This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been
> automatically archived by *Mimecast Ltd*, an innovator in Software as a
> Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a *safer* and *more useful* place
> for your human generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and
> compliance. To find out more Click Here
> <https://www.voxtelecom.co.za/security/mimecast/?prod=Enterprise>.

I think this is not a critical failure, and is not what failed the restore.

> Recently I tried the 4.3.11 beta and 4.4.1 and the error now is different:
>
> [ INFO  ] Upgrading CA\n[ ERROR ] Failed to execute stage 'Misc
> configuration': (2, 'No such file or directory')\n[ INFO  ] DNF Performing
> DNF transaction rollback\n

This is part of 'engine-setup' output, which 'hosted-engine' runs inside
the engine VM. If you can access the engine VM, you can try finding more
information in /var/log/ovirt-engine/setup/* there. Otherwise, the
hosted-engine deploy script might have managed to get a copy to
/var/log/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup/engine-logs*. Please check/share these.
Thanks.

> I simply can't figure out what file is missing.
> If, as a test, I try to install the HE without restoring the backup, the
> installation goes smoothly to the end, but at that point I can't restore
> the backup, as far as I can understand.

Another option is to do the restore manually. To find relevant information,
search the net for "enginevm_before_engine_setup".

Best regards,

> Any hint on what I may be missing?

Thanks,
> Andrea