Il lun 20 lug 2020, 23:42 Nir Soffer <nsof...@redhat.com> ha scritto:

> I think you will get the best performance using direct LUN.

Is direct LUN using the QEMU iSCSI initiator, or SG_IO, and if so is it
using /dev/sg or has that been fixed? SG_IO is definitely not going to be
the fastest, especially with /dev/sg.

Storage
> domain is best if you want
> to use features provided by storage domain. If your important feature
> is performance, you want
> to connect the storage in the most direct way to your VM.

Agreed but you want a virtio-blk device, not SG_IO; direct LUN with SG_IO
is only recommended if you want to do clustering and other stuff that
requires SCSI-level access.

Paolo