On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 10:25 AM Alex K <rightkickt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I am going though an upgrade from ovirt 4.2 (4.2.8.2-1.el7) to 4.3 for a
> two node cluster with self hosted engine. I have done previously upgrades
> from 4.1 to 4.2 successfully with minor issues which where fixed.
>
> I wanted to confirm with you, in case I am missing anything that may have
> changed in the mean time, on the steps for minor and major upgrade:
>
> *# Ovirt procedure for minor upgrade: (4.x.y -> 4.x.z)*
> • enable global maintenance mode
> • at engine: engine-upgrade-check
> • at engine: yum update "ovirt-*-setup*"
> • at engine: engine-setup
> • at engine: yum update
> • at each host from GUI: host -> installation -> upgrade
> • at each host: yum update, reboot, activate
>
> *# Ovirt procedure for major upgrade (4.x -> 4.y)*
> • update DC to latest minor version (engine + nodes)
> • enable global maintenance
> • at engine: install major version repo: yum install
> https://resources.ovirt.org/pub/yum-repo/ovirt-release4x.rpm
> • at engine: engine-upgrade-check
> • at engine:  yum update "ovirt-*-setup*"
> • at engine: engine-setup
> • at engine: remove the old ovirt release from /etc/yum.repos.d
> • at engine: yum update
> • after completion of engine upgrade disable global maintenance
> • verify engine version
> • update each host/node: update to minor, then install new repo, remove
> old repo, yum update, reboot, activate
> • after completion of updates: set DC and cluster compatibility level to
> latest version 4.x.
> • shutdown guest VMs and confirm they start up again. (you may need to
> disable guest disk leases or re-activate guest disks)
> • check events for any issues and fix accordingly
>
> Am I missing anything? I am planning the upgrade hoping to have no issues
> since the cluster is hosting production VMs.

Also I am concerned about the minor release upgrade for any package
conflicts due to CentOS repos (I have not managed yet to simulate this in a
virtual environment). The hosts/nodes are CentOS Linux release 7.6.1810
(Core). Do I have to lock the repos to a specific centos version to avoid
possible issues (I am afraid CentOS upgrading to latest 7 and causing
dependency issues with 4.2 - I was not able to find out the latest CentOS 7
versino compatible with 4.2).