Ovirt 4.3.9
HCI Gluster 3 Dell 730XD
Managed Engine

When I finished the "hosted engine deploy" I failed to add the gluster
storage according to the documentation and i'd like to get that back on
track.

1. I ticked the check box in the cluster configuration to "enable gluster
service", all of my current gluster storage domains went "red triangle" on
me and the hosts also went "red triangle" so I quickly changed it back and
all went back to normal.

Do I need to check that box to make the "Use Managed Gluster Volume" check
box and drop down menu show my HCI gluster volumes that exist on the three
nodes ?

Do I need to put the storage domain(s) in maintenance mode to change them
from unmanaged to managed ?

Will the system honor the VM(s) that live in my "engine" and "vmstore"
gluster volumes which are currently in use in the system if/when I change
them from unmanaged to managed,or will the system wipe them and hose my
managed engine and VMs ?

Thank you for your help !