On 22/08/2020 13:58, David White via Users wrote:
> So, what's the point of all-in-one if you cannot upload ISOs and boot VMs off
> of ISOs?
> Is there an alternative way to setup a VM in all-in-one, such as boot from
> PXE or something?

You can actually upload directly via scp to the iso domain, just make
sure to;

chown -v vdsm:
/path/to/iso/domain/local_iso_domain/0000000-0000-0000-0000-000000/images/11111111-1111-1111-1111-111111111111/uploaded-file.iso

the system will still see it and you can attach to vms at boot;

you can also use pxe, i like the "fai" project for this.

> Regardless, the all-in-one setup was just for learning purposes.
> I may try a different install approach, and try to get the self-hosted engine
> working. That said,  I'm still unclear on the exact differences between the
> "self-hosted engine" and the standalone Manager. I'll go re-read earlier
> was so kind to write in your earlier thread on the imageio issue.

4.4 all-in-one is still fully functional par the iso upload and
download, which i was using for backups.

if you were to go CentOS7+4.3 these features fully work no problem in
all-in-one.

the alternate to all-in-one would be to choose a different host when
adding to the standalone manager, or you can have hosted engine, where
the engine is a vm (dependent on some other stuff re: storage/ips)

Kind Regards,

Mike