On Sun, Aug 23, 2020 at 7:45 AM Vinícius Ferrão via Users
<users@ovirt.org> wrote:

> Hello, I’ve an strange issue with oVirt 4.4.1
>
> The hosted engine is stuck in the UEFI firmware trying to “never” boot.
>
> I think this happened when I changed the default VM mode for the cluster
> inside the datacenter.

If you think this indeed is the root cause, then perhaps:

> There’s a way to fix this without redeploying the engine?

If you happen to have backup copies of
/var/run/ovirt-hosted-engine-ha/vm.conf , you can try:

hosted-engine --vm-start --vm-conf=somefile

If this works, update the VM/cluster/whatever back to a good state
from the engine (after it's up), and wait to make sure it updated
vm.conf on /var before you try to shutdown/start the engine vm again.

Best regards,
--
Didi