On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 4:49 PM Martin Perina <mper...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 2:56 PM Pierre pit <pierre.labanow...@xlim.fr> wrote:
>>
>> I have a communication problem between all the nodes and the manager
>> following the upgrade from 4.3 to 4.4. I followed the procedure of update
>> 4.3 to 4.4 everything worked correctly, according to the import export
>> scripts as well as the installation setup on the new manager in 4.4, all is
>> ok. Only after connection to the manager, all the nodes are in a down state,
>> there is no more communication between the manager newly installed in 4.4
>> and the nodes still in production in 4.3.
>>
>> In the manager I have this message for all the nodes:
>> ` VDSM virtdell8 command Get Host Capabilities failed: PKIX path validation
>> failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Algorithm constraints
>> check failed on signature algorithm: SHA256withRSA`

Are you sure this is the full error? Searching for it in google finds
me only 2 results. Dropping "SHA256withRSA" finds about 770, which
gave me a clue to search for:

"Algorithm constraints check failed on signature
algorithm:SHA256WithRSAEncryption"

which finds 25 results. Not that many, but more than 2.

> Hi Pierre,
>
> Hmm, the following error is a bit misleading, but it gives a clue to me.
> Could you please check the key size of your ovirt-engine CA key?
>
> openssl x509 -text -noout -in /etc/pki/ovirt-engine/ca.pem | grep 'RSA
> Public-Key'
>
> If your key size is less than 2048 bits, then you need to change crypto
> policy of your CentOS 8 to LEGACY using below steps:
>
> 1. Execute 'update-crypto-policies --set LEGACY'
> 2. Reboot the machine
>
> That should mitigate the issue, but I'm really curious, this should not
> happen unless your engine was installed in oVirt 3.0 era and then
> continuously upgraded up to 4.4, because we have switched to 2048 bits in
> 2012:
>
> https://gerrit.ovirt.org/4389
>
> Is this your case?

Also: anything non-default, non-standard about your setup? Either
before or after the upgrade? In particular, added yum/dnf repos (such
as EPEL)? Which openjdk versions do you have installed?

Best regards,

--
Didi