apologies for the typo in my  previous email :-) , dont mind the second
"and then".
:-
[EDITED ]Im unable to view the original thread, so apologies if the content
of my message is already repeated,
judging by the title of the email, i would say sandro is right, if one of
the node in your gluster enabled cluster has a failed disk, you could
replace the disk with a new one(thus losing all your old data thereby
making your host new) and run "same node fqdn replace host procedure" .
follow this instruction to setup your replace host  playbook instructions
<https://github.com/gluster/gluster-ansible/blob/master/playbooks/hc-ansible-deployment/README#L52>
.