It would be nice.
Initially when I was setting my lab I wanted to boot from USB and be able to
host Vms properly but due to speed limitations - it failed to work normally.

Maybe in-memory mode could be nice where booting from USB is possible.

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov

В вторник, 8 септември 2020 г., 12:35:15 Гринуич+3, Yedidyah Bar David
<d...@redhat.com> написа:

On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 12:18 PM <harryo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I really don't understand why oVirt would remove/trade the diskless(load into
> RAM) feature away in oVirt node NG,

oVirt node legacy was never fully diskless in the sense that you refer
to. It used an ISO image loaded to a RAM disk and a readwrite
filesystem on disk for stuff we wanted/needed to change/keep.

I wasn't part of the design process for node, but I do not think that
"running diskless" was considered as a feature we want - neither in
legacy nor in NG.

> this is a key point that makes some people choose something like ESXi(that
> loads into RAM and therefor is not dependent of the boot disk for running)
> over oVirt node NG.

Perhaps.

> Do you think it is possible to get this back in oVirt node NG?

I think it's possible, but obviously requires work. I have no idea how
much work.

As I suggested before, you can file an RFE.

If enough people want this, and/or if someone provides patches, it's
more likely to be added eventually.

Best regards,
--
Didi