On Thu, Sep 17, 2020 at 11:29 AM Adam Xu <adam...@adagene.com.cn> wrote:

> 在 2020/9/17 15:07, Yedidyah Bar David 写道:
> > On Thu, Sep 17, 2020 at 8:16 AM Adam Xu <adam...@adagene.com.cn> wrote:
> >>
> >> 在 2020/9/16 15:53, Yedidyah Bar David 写道:

> >> not finished yet.
> >> [ INFO  ] You can now connect to
> >> https://ovirt6.ntbaobei.com:6900/ovirt-engine/ and check the status of
> >> this host and eventually remediate it, please continue only when the
> >> host is listed as 'up'
> >>
> >> [ INFO  ] TASK [ovirt.hosted_engine_setup : include_tasks]
> >>
> >> [ INFO  ] ok: [localhost]
> >> [ INFO  ] TASK [ovirt.hosted_engine_setup : Create temporary lock file]
> >> [ INFO  ] changed: [localhost]
> >>
> >> [ INFO  ] TASK [ovirt.hosted_engine_setup : Pause execution until
> >> /tmp/ansible.g2opa_y6_he_setup_lock is removed, delete it once ready to
> >> proceed]
> > Great. This means that you replied 'Yes' to 'Pause the execution
> > after adding this host to the engine?', and it's now waiting.
> >
> >> but the new host which run the self-hosted engine's status is
> >> "NonOperational" and never will be "up"
> > You seem to to imply that you expected it to become "up" by itself,
> > and that you claim that this will never happen, in which you are
> > correct.
> >
> > But that's not the intention. The message you got is:
> >
> >      You will be able to iteratively connect to the restored engine in
> > order to manually review and remediate its configuration before
> > proceeding with the deployment:
> >      please ensure that all the datacenter hosts and storage domain are
> > listed as up or in maintenance mode before proceeding.
> >      This is normally not required when restoring an up to date and
> > coherent backup.
> >
> > This means that it's up to you to handle this nonoperational host,
> > and that you are requested to continue (by removing that file) only
> > then.
> >
> > So now, let's try to understand why the host is nonoperational, and
> > try to fix that. Ok?
> >
> > You should be able to find the current (private/local) IP address of
> > the engine vm by searching the hosted-engine setup logs for 'local_vm_ip'.
> > You can ssh (and scp etc.) there from the host, using user 'root' and
> > the password you supplied.
> >
> > Please check/share all of /var/log/ovirt-engine on the engine vm.
> > In particular, please check host-deploy/* logs there. The last lines
> > show a summary, like:
> >
> > HOSTNAME : ok=97   changed=34   unreachable=0    failed=0
> > skipped=46   rescued=0    ignored=1
>
> my log here is:
>
> 2020-09-17 12:19:40 CST - TASK [Executing post tasks defined by user]
> ************************************
> 2020-09-17 12:19:40 CST - PLAY RECAP
> ovirt2.ntbaobei.com        : ok=99   changed=45   unreachable=0
> failed=0    skipped=45   rescued=0    ignored=1

Good.

> > Is 'failed' higher than 0? If so, please find the failed task and
> > check/share the relevant error (or just the entire file).
> >
> > Also, please check engine.log there for any ' ERROR '.
>
> I collected some error log in engine.log

Only those below?

> 2020-09-17 12:14:35,084+08 ERROR
> [org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.irsbroker.UploadStreamVDSCommand]
> (EE-ManagedScheduledExecutorService-engineScheduledThreadPool-Thread-83)
> [4a6cf221] Command 'UploadStreamVDSCommand(HostName =
> ovirt6.ntbaobei.com,
> UploadStreamVDSCommandParameters:{hostId='784eada4-49e3-4d6c-95cd-f7c81337c2f7'})'
> execution failed: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

This, and similar ones, are expected - the engine is still on the
private network, so it can't access the other hosts.

> 2020-09-17 12:14:35,085+08 ERROR
> [org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.storage.ovfstore.UploadStreamCommand]
> (EE-ManagedScheduledExecutorService-engineScheduledThreadPool-Thread-83)
> [4a6cf221] Command
> 'org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.storage.ovfstore.UploadStreamCommand' failed:
> EngineException:
> org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.vdsbroker.VDSNetworkException:
> java.net.SocketException: Connection reset (Failed with error
> VDS_NETWORK_ERROR and code 5022)

> 2020-09-17 12:14:40,322+08 ERROR
> [org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.pm.FenceProxyLocator]
> (EE-ManagedScheduledExecutorService-engineScheduledThreadPool-Thread-53)
> [8b0987a
> ] Can not run fence action on host 'ovirt2.ntbaobei.com', no suitable
> proxy host was found.

Not sure why it would want to fence ovirt2, but I think it can be ignored
for now as well.

> 2020-09-17 12:14:48,861+08 ERROR
> [org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.storage.ovfstore.ProcessOvfUpdateForStorageDomainCommand]
> (EE-ManagedScheduledExecutorService-engineScheduledThreadPool-Thread-2)
> [4a6cf221] Ending command
> 'org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.storage.ovfstore.ProcessOvfUpdateForStorageDomainCommand'
> with failure.

Same - it can't access the storage, so updating ovfstore fails. OK.

> 2020-09-17 12:14:52,630+08 ERROR
> [org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.storage.ovfstore.ProcessOvfUpdateForStorageDomainCommand]
> (EE-ManagedScheduledExecutorService-engineScheduledThreadPool-Thread-41)
> [56d6bb10] Failed to update OVF_STORE content
> 2020-09-17 12:14:52,630+08 ERROR
> [org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.SerialChildCommandsExecutionCallback]
> (EE-ManagedScheduledExecutorService-engineScheduledThreadPool-Thread-41)
> [56d6bb10] Command 'ProcessOvfUpdateForStorageDomain' id:
> '8e6e1fa1-1fdf-4928-9153-4fe2ae9b77b0' with children
> [1c4d99f8-2d05-4b0a-938b-8733157778e1,
> 62caf674-5567-461c-8e86-4ed7b03306af] failed when attempting to perform
> the next operation, marking as 'ACTIVE'
> 2020-09-17 12:14:52,630+08 ERROR
> [org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.SerialChildCommandsExecutionCallback]
> (EE-ManagedScheduledExecutorService-engineScheduledThreadPool-Thread-41)
> [56d6bb10] null: java.lang.RuntimeException

Same.

Are these the only errors?

In particular, try to search for 'ovirt2' (your host's name), try to
find when it became nonoperational, and check errors around this.

Thanks,

> > Good luck and best regards,

> >> --
> >> Adam Xu

> --
> Adam Xu
> Phone: 86-512-8777-3585
> Adagene (Suzhou) Limited
> C14, No. 218, Xinghu Street, Suzhou Industrial Park

Didi