Hi ,

I haven't done it yet, but I'm planing to do it.
As I haven't tested the following, I can't guarantee that it will work:
0. Gluster snapshots on all volumes
1. Set a node in maintenance
2. Create a full backup of the engine
3. Set global maintenance and power off the current engine
4. Backup all gluster config files
5. Reinstall the node that was set to maintnenance (step 2)
6. Install glusterfs, restore the configs from step 4
7. Restart glusterd and check that all bricks are up
8. Wait for healing to end
9. Deploy the new HE on a new Gluster Volume, using the backup/restore
procedure for HE
10.Add the other nodes from the oVirt cluster
11.Set EL7-based hosts to maintenance and power off
12.Repeat steps 4-8 for the second host (step 11)
In the end, you can bring the CLuster Level up to 4.4 and enjoy...

Yet, this is just theory :)

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov

Keep in mind that gluster snapshot feature allows you to revert

В понеделник, 9 ноември 2020 г., 08:19:23 Гринуич+2, <r...@os-s.de> написа:

Hi,
has anyone attempted an upgrade from 4.3 to 4.4 in a hyperconverged self-hosted
setup?
The posted guidelines seem a bit contradictive and not complete.
Has anyone tried it and could share his experiences? I am currently having
problems when deploying the hosted engine and restoring. The host becomes
unresponsive and has hung tasks.

Kind regards,

Ralf