On Wed, Nov 18, 2020 at 1:40 PM <ernestclydeac...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Alex,
> How do i prepare the gluster volume as the gluster volume is also hosted
> on the 1st baremetal, can you elaborate this setup?
> just reading the docs of gluster must consists of 3 node either 3 gluster
> nodes or 2 gluster nodes + 1 arbiter on a replica set

Indeed, for production use, you need replica 3 gluster setup (either
replica 3 or 2 + 1 arbiter). In your case, you may go temporarily with a
replica 2 (two hosts) setup. In this case, it is best practise to dedicate
a separate network for the gluster traffic. Lets assume gluster0 and
gluster1 are the hostnames of each host at the gluster storage network and
the bricks are at /gluster/engine/brick. Then you need to run from gluster0
host:

gluster peer probe gluster1

gluster volume add-brick engine replica 2 gluster1:/gluster/engine/brick

In that case though you need to adjust quorum:

gluster volume set engine cluster.server-quorum-type none
gluster volume set engine cluster.quorum-type fixed
gluster volume set engine cluster.quorum-count 1

Repeat for each volume and wait for heal (sync to complete).
Check heal status of each volume:

gluster volume heal <volume name> info

I do not include all details here. I assume the existing gluster volumes
are already configured with the appropriate settings. As soon as you have
the replica 2 setup in place, you then can proceed with a replica 3 setup
with the same approach. Remember to enable quorum at each volume.
Hope that helps.