On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 6:48 PM tfe...@swissonline.ch
<tfe...@swissonline.ch> wrote:

> We recently had a similar discussion in the Bhyve community.
>
> The consensus was that it is not desirable to use both time sync
> mechanisms in parallel: guest-tools and chronyd (or ntpd)
>
> Now it would be good to know if oVirt-guest-agent is attempting to sync
> the VM's clock with the host clock.
>
> If so, it may be worth trying to disable chronyd/ntpd and see if the
> time sync by the guest-agent does a better job.
>
> In any case, the host's clock should be properly synchronized with the
> real world time.
>

> Kind regards
>
> Toni Feric
>

> On 07.01.21 15:43, Strahil Nikolov via Users wrote:
> > Are you sure that the problem is not in the HostedEngine ?
> >
> > Sync your host and then verify the situation on the HE
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Strahil Nikolov
> >

> > В четвъртък, 7 януари 2021 г., 11:46:09 Гринуич+2, Nathanaël Blanchet
> > <blanc...@abes.fr> написа:
> >

> > Hello,
> >
> > Engine complains about my fresh el8 ovirt 4.4.3 node host:
> >

> > "Host hadriacus has time-drift of 3202 seconds while maximum configured
> > value is 300 seconds."
> >
> > I tried to fix it with these commands:
> >
> > sudo chronyc -a makestep
> > chronyc sources
> > chronyc tracking
> >
> > ... but the host is still not synchronized.
> >
> > How should I proceed?

I think this message indicates a time difference between the host and
the engine machine, unrelated to any VM.

Perhaps check the clock on the engine machine and the host:

1. If indeed they are different, somehow fix them - that's unrelated
to oVirt - configure both to use same (local/nearby) ntp server, sync,
etc.

2. If they are close/similar, perhaps it's a bug in the engine. You
can try to restart it and see if this helps. If it indeed looks like a
bug, perhaps open one in bugzilla.

Good luck and best regards,
--
Didi