Hi
I've learned a lot today reading, but still not smooth sailing at all!

I'm just doing a fresh install as I did find one way out of my above problem -
to comment out the filters in  /etc/lvm/lvm.conf - but I couldn't see why this
worked!?

I'm going to clean sdb once install finishes then look at the lsblk output to
check all is well. I had found that sdb was being tagged as type mpath, which I
managed to fix with wipefs.

So hopefully that will be ok this time round.

What I have found is that I'm still having problems working ou t the logic of
the network

The kvm host (ovirt-kvm.whichelo.com) is fixed ip 192.168.0.40 on my 1st nic
Also in my DNS  are ovirt-engine.whichelo.com - 192.168.0.50
and ovirt-gluster.whichelo.com on 192.168.0.60

I discovered that adding gluster's ip to that adapter allowed me to move on
with provisioning, but if I add the engine's (.50) I get the he_FQDN resolves
to this host message.

I'm just working out how to use the nic's (machine has 4), bonds and vlans.

Installation always stalls at "waiting for host to be up" - I'm guessing my
dodgy networking is causing problems.

Any help for a newbie would be very welcome! Is there any way to post
screenshots?

Thank you so much for trying to help me out! I've found people in the ovirt
community very helpful.