On Mon, Mar 1, 2021 at 3:05 PM <justin.lam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes That was my goal! But isn't it using this:
> https://github.com/gluster/gluster-ansible playbook? And it is supposed to
> work on debian/ubuntu based oses. So if all prerequesites are met, shouldn't
> it work?

Never tried using a playbook to setup a Gluster cluster. Can't comment on that.
BTW, which distribution is used on the RPI? are you certain the RPI
and oVirt hosts have the same Gluster versions?

> Is the hosted-engine HA then? How about updates, is it retaining the config?

The Gluster takes care of the storage HA. The two oVirt nodes, if
setup correctly, will handle the oVirt HA.

> I do have a PI 4. Wouldn't that be alright for an arbiter node? Since it's
> just saving metadata. My nodes are connected via 10Gig btw

In general, In my experience Gluster is very sensitive to network
latency. The RPI, even the RPI4, has a lousy CPU and lousy network.
Given the fact that Gluster depends on the performance of the weakest
link in the chain, the 10GbE links between the nodes may go unused,
while the RPI will start throttling down...
If I were you, I'd get a mATX with a low end i3 or AMD CPU (even
second hand will do), connect a 10GbE link (ebay is your friend...),
and use it as an arbiter. (As an added bonus it can be part of the
oVirt HA cluster and even run a VM or two).

- Gilboa