I think part of my misunderstanding is that ovirt-websocket-proxy does a few
things behind the scene as it is not the source of the initial connection to
ovirt.

I am going another route. My proxy are servers which get the console.vv file
from ovirt when they are alerted someone wants to make a webview to a
particular Vm. at that point it requests the console.vv file from ovirt using
rest api and then create the websockify process with a random port which they
send back to the requesting app via another secure channel. The receiving app
then launches a browser tab connecting the web-spice-client to the address of
the webproxy and the port.

the http connection is encrypted using a letsencrypt certificate and that is
working fine. The part I am having difficulties is the connection part between
the web proxy and the ovirt host. Ovirt expect it to be encapsulated in TLS/1.2
if I am not mistaken, but can't figure out how to make websockify to use the
cafile, ssl-cyphers and the host-subject to do so. I am missing a part which I
think should be simple for someone understanding ssl better than I do

Thanks