On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 12:55:36PM -0000, Valerio Luccio wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 09:03:41PM -0000, valerio.luccio(a)nyu.edu wrote:
> >
> > This does not seem right. The whole idea behind disk upload is that you
> > can do that remotely from any machine that has access to the REST API.
> > If this is not working for you (but works when performed from the
> > server) you're probably missing the oVirt CA certificates in your
> > browser.
>
> I do "Upload Image" and then hit "Chose File", the file selector opens up on
> my laptop, which does not have access to the gluster storage.

Ok, I understand now.

> > The VM is most likely misconfigured. Make sure the attached disk is
> > marked as bootable in web UI. Also verify that the chipset/firmware for
> > your VM or cluster is correct.
> >
> >     Tomas
>
> Sorry, where do you mark a disk to be bootable ? I didn't notice any such
> option when loading the disk.

In the VM edit dialog if you choose to Attach a disk the list contains
column with checkboxes denoted 'OS'. Alternatively if you use Create or
Edit action there are checkboxes on the right hand side of the dialog
and one of them is named 'Bootable'

    Tomas

Tomáš Golembiovský <tgole...@redhat.com>