Hi David,

you can always prohibit root and also make an exclusion for specific hosts
(like oVirt's Engine).

Maybe something like :

Match Address 192.168.2.5
        PermitRootLogin yes

Source:
https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/match-address-sshd_config-allow-root-loginfrom-one_ip_address-on-linux-unix/

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov

В понеделник, 24 май 2021 г., 23:07:40 ч. Гринуич+3, David White via Users
<users@ovirt.org> написа:

Thank you, Ritesh.
Those logs were perfect, and I immediately found the problem.

This was my fault.
I had disabled Root Login in /etc/ssh/sshd_config (because let's face it, we
all can agree that logging in as root over ssh is normally a bad idea!)

I just updated that from "no" to "prohibit-password" and restarted sshd.
I'll report back if I still have problems after this.

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.