On Sun, Jun 6, 2021 at 11:37 AM Strahil Nikolov <hunter86...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Didi,
>
> can't we just make ansible check via ansible  package facts the status of the
> appliance and if it's available set to offline mode.
> I can take a look in the Ansible code for that purpose.

The "non-offline-mode" is also for updating packages, not only for
appliance installation.

This is especially important because we not always release a new
appliance on new releases, so "non-offline-mode" makes sure you update
to the latest engine prior to engine-setup  - and this is especially
important on restore-from-file.

> Otherwise , the cockpit installer can have a tick for offline mode.

Indeed.

Best regards,

> Best Regards,
> Strahil Nikolov
>
> On Sun, Jun 6, 2021 at 9:14, Yedidyah Bar David
> <d...@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 6, 2021 at 9:03 AM sharma.is...@fujitsu.com
> <sharma.is...@fujitsu.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello Strahil,
> >

> > Thank you for your suggestion. Yes, I downloaded ovirt-engine-appliance rpm
> > and installed manually, but it seems that it still tries to access to
> > internet repository as below. Is it possible to do the whole deployment
> > offline?
> >

> > [ ERROR ] fatal: [localhost -> ovirt-engine.macc.local]: FAILED! =>
> > {"changed": false, "msg": "Failed to download metadata for repo
> > 'appstream': Cannot prepare internal mirrorlist: Curl
> >
> > error (7): Couldn't connect to server for
> > http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=8-stream&arch=x86_64&repo=AppStream&infra=stock
> >  [Failed to connect to jp.fujitsu.com port 123456789: No
> >
> > route to host]", "rc": 1, "results": []}
>
> Please try with:
>
> - appliance installed
>
> - '--ansible-extra-vars=he_offline_deployment=true'
>
> - latest released code (with your custom patch removed)
>
> If it still fails, please open a bug and attach all relevant logs. Thanks!
>
> Best regards,
> --
> Didi

Didi