On Tue, 2021-07-13 at 21:01 +0300, Nir Soffer wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 2:57 PM Branimir Pejakovic <
> branim...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > On Mon, Jul 12, 2021 at 1:50 AM Branimir Pejakovic
> > > <branimirp(a)gmail.com&gt; wrote:
> > >
> > > Unfortunately vdsm (the core package for ovirt host) does not
> > > have ovirt-prefix. Which version do you have?
> >
> > Just in case:
> >
> > # rpm -qa | grep vdsm
> > vdsm-jsonrpc-4.40.60.7-1.el8.noarch
> > vdsm-yajsonrpc-4.40.60.7-1.el8.noarch
> > vdsm-common-4.40.60.7-1.el8.noarch
> > vdsm-client-4.40.60.7-1.el8.noarch
> > vdsm-hook-vmfex-dev-4.40.60.7-1.el8.noarch
> > vdsm-api-4.40.60.7-1.el8.noarch
> > vdsm-python-4.40.60.7-1.el8.noarch
> > vdsm-network-4.40.60.7-1.el8.x86_64
> > vdsm-http-4.40.60.7-1.el8.noarch
> > vdsm-4.40.60.7-1.el8.x86_64
> >
> > > This package requires qemu-img >= 5.2.0
> > > Maybe the requirement is broken (missing epoch).
> > >
> > > What does "qemu-img --version" tell?
> >
> > # qemu-img --version
> > qemu-img version 4.2.0 (qemu-kvm-4.2.0-
> > 48.module+el8.4.0+534+4680a14e)
> > Copyright (c) 2003-2019 Fabrice Bellard and the QEMU Project
> > developers
> >
> > During the installation itself, there were no errors/surprises.
> > Everything went smoothly.
>
> So vdsm spec is broken on Rocky, letting you install vdsm when the
> required
> qemu-kvm version is not available.
>
> Can you file an ovirt/vdsm bug for this?
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=vdsm
>
> I tried to add a Rocky host to my setup and I can confirm that it
> works.
>
> I create a new vm from:
> https://download.rockylinux.org/pub/rocky/8/isos/x86_64/Rocky-8.4-x86_64-dvd1.iso
>
> Install ovirt-release44.rpm from:
> https://resources.ovirt.org/pub/yum-repo/ovirt-release44.rpm
>
> And added the host to my engine (4.4.8 master). The host was
> installed
> and activated, and can runs.
>
> I found that migrating vms from other hosts (qemu-6.0, libvirt 7.4)
> does not work. I think this issue was already reported here and fix
> is
> expected from libvirt soon.
>
> However I do get the the *right* version of qemu-kvm, provided by:
>
> [root@rocky1 ~]# dnf info qemu-kvm
> Last metadata expiration check: 18:02:00 ago on Tue 13 Jul 2021
> 02:37:31 AM IDT.
> Installed Packages
> Name         : qemu-kvm
> Epoch        : 15
> Version      : 5.2.0
> Release      : 16.el8
> Architecture : x86_64
> Size         : 0.0
> Source       : qemu-kvm-5.2.0-16.el8.src.rpm
> Repository   : @System
> From repo    : ovirt-4.4-advanced-virtualization
>
> [root@rocky1 ~]# grep -A2 ovirt-4.4-advanced-virtualization
> /etc/yum.repos.d/ovirt-4.4-dependencies.repo
> [ovirt-4.4-advanced-virtualization]
> name=Advanced Virtualization packages for $basearch
> mirrorlist=
> [...]

So some good news on the adv. virt front -- My colleague Louis has
informed me that the module is actually already staged for build &
import in Distrobuild with some passing builds in Koji & MBS.

https://distrobuildstg.rockylinux.org/packages/3424

I have no ETA on when those will be available in repos, and is 110%
being put back until we have Secure Boot completed, but it's a start!
You can see the MBS link in the Builds column for logs & info from our
MBS instance, and r8-stream-rhel is a link to the RPM sources in our
Gitlab.

Good progress!

If someone would go ahead and verify that the package versions in here
match what oVirt needs, that'd give us some sense of assurance that
we're poking the right bear, so to speak haha

--
- Hayden, Rocky Team Lead