On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 1:32 AM <lou...@ameritech.net> wrote:

> I've installed ovirt several times on a fresh machine from scratch.  I've had
> no problems with the install however I'm unable to login via the web console
> using the assigned password entered at the time of the install.  On the last
> 3 tries I've kept the password simple to insure that I was not entering the
> assigned password incorrectly.  I continued tp get with each install the
> message:
>
> Unable to log in. Verify your login information or contact the system
> administrator.
>
> I've checked the install log for errors and not found any.  While trying to
> keep the password simple I was warned about the simplicity password but
> decided to continue because of previous attempts were not successful.  are
> there any addtitional log that I can view to help with this issue?

Perhaps check /var/log/ovirt-engine/engine.log.

Perhaps try resetting your password with 'ovirt-aaa-jdbc-tool', e.g.:

https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/administration_guide/index.html#sect-Administering_User_Tasks_From_the_commandline

https://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2015-November/035918.html

Perhaps try logging in with some simple script running from inside the
engine machine, to make sure it's not a network/browser/whatever
issue. See here some examples:

https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-engine-sdk/tree/master/sdk/examples

You can try one of the simpler/shorter ones that include
'sdk.Connection', e.g. list_tags.py . Download it, edit as needed,
copy to the engine machine. It expects a file 'ca.pem' in the current
directory, which you can copy from /etc/pki/ovirt-engine/ca.pem . Then
try to run it there.

>  Is there possibly a bug in the install process that has a work around?

I am not aware of such a bug. It does not mean that there are none, of
course :-).

Good luck and Best regards,
--
Didi