On Wed, Aug 11, 2021 at 10:03 PM <thilb...@generalpacific.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>  I'm looking for some information about the future of oVirt. With CentOS
> going away have they talked about what they will be doing or moving to? I'd
> like to see Ubuntu support.

I suggest to search the archives of this list - there were multiple
relevant discussions here in recent months. See e.g. recent thread
"[ovirt-users] upgrading to 4.4.6 with Rocky Linux 8" [0].

oVirt, as a project, starting with IIRC version 4.4.6, moved
development to CentOS Stream 8.

There are thoughts about moving to CentOS Stream 9, see e.g. [1].

See the release notes pages per version for details about that
version, e.g. [2], which says:

"This release is available now for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.4 (or
similar) and CentOS Stream."

This means, in practice, that if you want to use e.g. AlmaLinux OS or
Rocky Linux, you have to wait until they rebuild the sources of RHEL
8.4 (which might already have happened by now, just explaining).

Some years ago there was some work on Debian support, which AFAIU
haven't matured and eventually neglected.

I personally think that adding support for Debian is a great idea, but
am not aware of anyone working on this. Contributors are welcome!

Best regards,

[0]
https://lists.ovirt.org/archives/list/users@ovirt.org/thread/IBFLZG2TFIOSO2LWHAQYIVCC2Z6TWJG5/

[1]