Actually quite a few of my 3 node HCI deployments wound up with only the first
host showing up in oVirt: Neither the hosts nor the gluster nodes were visible
for nodes #2 and #3.

Now that could be because I am too impatient and self-discovery will eventually
add them or it could be because I am using sub-part hardware (Atoms and NUCs in
my home lab), which causes race conditions with Ansible (yes, that does happen
with oVirt).

And in those cases I wound up installing the two other nodes as an act of
desperation before restarting the full re-install, either (first) without the
hosted-engine option (adding it later) or just with the hosted-engine option,
as if they were ordinary compute(-only) hosts.

It would have the storage volumes change from being described as single to
replica (even if on the Gluster level they had always been replicas) and
advance the cluster to a perfectly normal 3-node HCI.

But I have no way of knowing if the 3-node HCI base configuration had been
injected into the management engine's database already at that point.

If it wasn't, then indeed a 1-9 single step increase should basically work, but
oVirt still balks at the natural progression from pure replica to erasure code
volumes, against which there are many objections hard coded into oVirt Ansible
and library Python code.

I wish I had the time budget and physical hardware to test this, but
unfortunately I can only hope someone else has.