On Sun, Nov 28, 2021 at 12:37 PM <th3penguinwhispe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just migrated from Libvirt/kvm to oVirt.
> In libvirt I had a VM that had an LVM logical volume that was attached to a
> guest as a disk.
>
> However in oVirt I can't immediately find such a capability. I understand
> that this would "pin" my VM to this host but that's perfectly fine.

Attaching local logical volume is not supported.

> Any pointers how this can be done?

The oVirt way is to create a block storage domain, and create a raw
preallocated disk.
This will attach a logical volume to the VM.

The difference is that the logical volume is served by iSCSI or FC
storage server,
and you can migrate the VM between hosts.

If you really want to use local host storage, the best way is to
create a local DC
that will include only this host, and use raw preallocated file on the
local storage
domain. The performance of LVM or XFS on LVM is almost the same, and some
operations like fallallocate(PUCH_HOLE) can be 100 times faster on XFS.

Nir