Hi,

We are currently building a three node hyper-converged cluster based on oVirt
Node and Gluster. While discussing the different storage layout we couldn't get
to a final decision.

Currently our servers are equipped as follows:
- servers 1 & 2:
  - Two 800GB disks for OS
    - 100GB RAID1 used as LVM PV for OS
  - Nine 7.68TB disks for Gluster
    - 60TB RAID 5 used as LVM PV for Gluster
- server 3
  - Two 800GB disks for OS & Gluster
    - 100GB RAID 1 used as LVM PV for OS
    - 700GB RAID 1 used as LVM PV for Gluster

Unfortunately I couldn't find much information about mdadm on this topic. The
hyper-convergence guides ([1], [2]) seem to assume that there is either a
hardware RAID in place or JBOD is used. Is there some documentation available
on what to consider when using mdadm? Or would it be more sensible to just use
JBOD and then add redundancy on the LVM or Gluster level?

If choosing to go with mdadm, what option should I choose in the bricks wizard
screen (RAID 5 or JBOD)?

[1]:
https://ovirt.org/documentation/gluster-hyperconverged/chap-Deploying_Hyperconverged.html
[2]:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_hyperconverged_infrastructure_for_virtualization/1.8/html/deploying_red_hat_hyperconverged_infrastructure_for_virtualization/rhhi-requirements#rhhi-req-storage