On Thu, Jan 13, 2022 at 4:53 PM Sandro Bonazzola <sbona...@redhat.com>
wrote:

> Il giorno gio 13 gen 2022 alle ore 15:34 Konstantin Shalygin <
> k0...@k0ste.ru> ha scritto:
>
>> > It's possible to get, may be from Postgres, the host certificate date?
>> > Engine run this check sometimes, but trigger this check seems impossible
>>
>> Anybody?
>> @Sandro please help
>>
>> engine make check once per day and print to logs
>> How can we run a manual check or see info in PostgreSQL database? This is
>> required because the days until the end of the certificate's life expire,
>> waiting for the next day in order to understand the result of deploying a
>> new certificate is a strange situation
>>

> Maybe @Martin Perina <mper...@redhat.com> can assist?
>
> Hi,

host certificates are not saved anywhere in the engine database, you need
to go to the host itself to find out the expiration date. There are 2

1. Directly on the host after connecting via SSH you can run below
    # openssl x509 -text -noout -in /etc/pki/vdsm/certs/vdsmcert.pem | grep
-A2 Validity

2. Remotely using openssl you can run below
    # openssl s_client -showcerts -connect <HOST FQDN>:54321 | openssl x509
-text -noout | grep -A2 Validity

ovirt-engine performs certificate checks every day (can be configured using
engine-config option CertificationValidityCheckTimeInHours) and it checks
not only hosts certificates, but also the engine certificate and the engine
CA certificate. This check produces following records in ovirt-engine audit
log:

1. If the certificate has already expired then below audit log ALERT is
created depending on the type of certificate
    - *Host ${VdsName} certification has expired at ${ExpirationDate}.
Please renew the host's certification.*
    - *Engine's certification has expired at ${ExpirationDate}. Please
renew the engine's certification.*
    - *Engine's CA certification has expired at ${ExpirationDate}.*

2. If the certificate is going to expire in less than 7 days, then below
audit log ALERT is created depending on the type of certificate
    - *Host ${VdsName} certification is about to expire at
${ExpirationDate}. Please renew the host's certification.*
    - *Engine's certification is about to expire at ${ExpirationDate}.
Please renew the engine's certification.*
    - *Engine's CA certification is about to expire at ${ExpirationDate}.*

3. If the certificate is going to expire in less than 30 days, then below
audit log WARNING is created depending on the type of certificate
    - *Host ${VdsName} certification is about to expire at
${ExpirationDate}. Please renew the host's certification.*
    - *Engine's certification is about to expire at ${ExpirationDate}.
Please renew the engine's certification.*
    - *Engine's CA certification is about to expire at ${ExpirationDate}.*

Regards,
Martin

--
Martin Perina