On Fri, Feb 04, 2022 at 08:42:08AM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 03, 2022 at 06:31:52PM +0200, Nir Soffer wrote:
> > This is expected on oVirt, our multipath configuration is intentionally
> > grabbing
> > any device that multipath can work with, even if the device only has one
> > path.
> > The motivation is to be able to configure a system when only one path is
> > available (maybe you have an hba/network/server issue), and once the other
> > paths are available the system will use them transparently.
> >
> > To avoid this issue with local devices, you need to blacklist the device.
> >
> > Add this file:
> >
> > $ cat /etc/multipath/conf.d/local.conf
> > blacklist {
> >     wwid "QEMU HARDDISK"
> > }
>
> Thanks - for the mailing list record the syntax that worked for me is:
>
> # cat /etc/multipath/conf.d/local.conf
> blacklist {
>     wwid ".*QEMU_HARDDISK.*"
> }
>
> > Configuring NFS on some other machine is easy.
> >
> > I'm using another VM for this, so I can easily test negative flows like
> > stopping
> > or restarting the NFS server while it is being used by vms or storage
> > operations.
> > I'm using 2G alpine vm for this, it works fine even with 1G memory.
>
> I think I can get local storage working now (I had it working before).

Well finally it fails with:

2022-02-04 09:14:55,779Z ERROR
[org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.storage.domain.AddPosixFsStorageDomainCommand]
(default task-2) [25a32edf] Command
'org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.storage.domain.AddPosixFsStorageDomainCommand'
failed: EngineException:
org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.vdsbroker.VDSErrorException:
VDSGenericException: VDSErrorException: Failed to CreateStorageDomainVDS, error
= Could not initialize cluster lock: (), code = 701 (Failed with error
unexpected and code 16)

I think this feature (local storage) no longer works.

Rich.