On Sat, Feb 5, 2022 at 9:00 AM Muhammad Aidilfitri Bin Saleh <
darketemp...@outlook.sg> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I requires your input as the VM that is currently Hosted on Ovirt 4.4.4.5
> is showing a locked Icon in the status column. I am unable to perform any
> actions on this particular VM as it shows that the "Snapshot is currently
> being created for VM <VMName>
>
> There was a failed snapshot attempt executed earlier but I have gone
> through the steps to identified and unlock the said images and snapshot
> using the build tools /usr/share/ovirt-engine/setup/dbutils. I even went
> into the DB to identified the failed snapshot but still no luck.
>
> I have restarted the ovirt-engine service and also the Standalone VM
> hosting this Ovirt-Engine but still not able to release the VM. I have also
> performed the ovirt-setup but still no luck on this portion.

This means that the tasks of the snapshot command are still in the database
and lead to restoring the VM lock (which is an in-memory lock) when the
ovirt-engine service starts.
You can try to identify the relevant rows and removes them from the
'command_entities' table in the database and then restart ovirt-engine