Hi

We have been using LXC, before we went to oVirt 4.0. We started with 3.6, but
production use was 4.0.

The problem we had with LXC was the missing live migration feature and the
biggest issue was the shared storage on NFS.
With all the hundred millions of files on the NFS storage, the performance got
worse and worse with each new container and we had hundreds of them.

In my former company, we were using OpenVZ, but I thought it was dead after
RedHat 7 was released.

Now with ovirt 4.3, we are really satisfied with it. We have several NFS
storage domains and nearly 1000 VMs running on.

I have experience with Proxmox, but the big problem we may have with it, that
we have to split our clusters and have all of them to manage separately.
Also, one of our clusters have nearly 40 hosts in there, which also might be
problematic with their management approach and corosync.
At least in older versions before using the latest corosync, I think 30 host
was the maximum supported and tested hosts in one cluster.
I also want to use my network for important data and not completely for
corosync data...

Opennebula, we had a look before we went to ovirt, but in the past, I wasn't
satisfied with it.

We are still on ovirt 4.3 because of the issues with CentOS 8 EOL and we don't
want to use CentOS stream for our production.
Also the new model of ovirt with the "rolling releases" like datacenter
version, 4.5, 4.6 and what ever is now there, I was never happy with.

In the past, when we have been on 4.2, we have upgraded directly to 4.3.8 and
it was perfectly stable.
Now, I really don't know, if it is stable enough, because of the new features
added with every new datacenter version.

The good thing with ovirt 4.3 is, that you can use CentOS 7.9, which is the
last one. With ovirt 4.4, when it will be deprecated, we may be at 8.7 or so,
but you may not be able to upgrade then to a later version.

Proxmox has I think a HCI with ceph.