Hi Glen, welcome to oVirt community! Replies are inline:

Il giorno ven 11 feb 2022 alle ore 06:57 Glen Jarvis via Users <
users@ovirt.org> ha scritto:

> I am researching how to contribute to the oVirt community. I started here:
>
> https://www.ovirt.org/community/
>
> And, I immediately saw to sign up for this email address and...send us an
> email saying how you would like to contribute. Visit our mailing lists
> <https://lists.ovirt.org/archives/> page for other oVirt mailing lists to
> sign up for.
>

> My answers are: I want to be useful (and give more than I take). I can
> answer questions on mailing lists, help troubleshoot, write ovirt.ovirt
> Ansible collections, roles and custom modules. I am a seasoned Python
> programmer.

Here you are in the right place for helping answering questions and
troubleshooting users' issues.
I would redirect you to the devel mailing list at
https://lists.ovirt.org/archives/list/de...@ovirt.org/ for helping with the
development of Ansible collections, roles and modules.
I kindly ask @Martin Necas <mne...@redhat.com> to help you onboarding in
this area.

> My background:
>  - Python programmer for 10+ years
>  - I write custom Ansible modules, roles, playbook, etc.
>  - Previous DBA for Informix (highly certified but who has heard of
> informix anymore). Postgres and Informix are cousins (both offspring from
> Ingres)
>   - I have *some* rudimentary knowledge of Virtualization. However, I'm
> far from an expert
>   - One of my favorite OS's is Qubes (an OS of virtual machines really)
>   - I do a lot of technical training (writing materials and facilitating
> classes)
>   - I work in an SRE / SysAd role at a large company that puts music in
> peoples ears (I'm hoping to move some of this from less SysAd and more SRE
> when with some of this oVirt stuff we're working on).
>
> My intermediate skills
>    - I have bought a book on libvirt. But, it's still on my backlog. It
> feels that I'm always sucking an ocean through a straw so I have to pick
> and choose what I read next
>     - My second favorite OS is Ubuntu as my main desktop (Qubes on
> separate computer for more secure stuff -- like crypto)
>     - I'm just starting to use Virtual Machine Manager to run other OSs on
> Ubuntu
>
> My Oh-I-have-No-Idea skills:
>    - things like luns, iSCSI and the `vdsm-tool config-lvm-filter` are
> making me pull my hair out. This is the reason I was frustrated enough to
> say "Let me join this community so I can learn more how this architecture
> works."
>    - I work for a large company that has a RedHat support contract. We use
> RHV. I just wrote up this long descriptive case of the problem, uploaded
> sosreports, added as much detail as I could. But, it's crickets. If I knew
> more I could debug what was happening more myself.
>

> How did I do for an introduction?

I think you did it great :-)

> Cheers,
>

> Glen Jarvis

Sandro Bonazzola

MANAGER, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, EMEA R&D RHV

Red Hat EMEA <https://www.redhat.com/>

sbona...@redhat.com
<https://www.redhat.com/>

*Red Hat respects your work life balance. Therefore there is no need to
answer this email out of your office hours.*