The cluster is on nfs today, with 500gb NVME SiLOG. Under heavy IO the vm's
are thrown into paused state instead of iowait. A prior email chain
identified a code error in qemu, with a repro using nothing more than DD to
set 2 gb on the virtual disk to 0's .

Since the point of the system is to handle massive IO workloads, this is
obviously not acceptable.

If there is a way to make the nfs Mount more robust I'm all for it over the
headaches that go with managing block io.