One issue I have with hosted-engine is that when something goes wrong it has a
domino effect because hosted-engine cannot communicate with its database.  I
have been thinking to host ovirt engine separately on a different hypervisor
and have all my host undeployed. However for efficiency my networks are
separated by their functions. So my questions are as follow

1) is it a good idea to host the engine on a separate kvm

2) what network does this engine need to access. Obviously ovirtmgmt, and
display to access it but what about storage. Does it need access to itor can it
access it through ovirtmgmt and the SPM?

3) Is there a recipe or howto available to follow

Thanks

Pascal