Hi Abe,

Yes, it was set as bootable. I tried your approach, however I get the same results; converted the disk with qemu-img from vmdk to qcow2, tried any disk driver (SATA, VirtIO, VirtIO-SCSI) and also tried all chipset/firmwares available. Still I get the same result, it cannot boot with that disk.

Thanks.