Il giorno lun 25 apr 2022 alle ore 11:29 Patrick Hibbs <
hibbsncc1...@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> That error typically means you don't have the correct DUD for the
> kernel you are using. Each DUD is kernel specific, and will only work
> on the kernel it was built for.
>
> You need to find whatever DUD matches the kernel used in oVirt Node
> 4.4.10.
>
> Alternatively, to quote the inevitable response from Sandro Bonazzola:
> "oVirt Node 4.4 is now EOL. Please upgrade to oVirt Node 4.5 as soon as
> practical."

:-)
Especially now that there's a 4.5.0.1 node with several important kernel
security fixes.

> -Patrick Hibbs
>
> On Fri, 2022-04-22 at 22:19 +0000, peter...@guest-tek.com wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm trying to install Ovirt Node 4.4.10 to my server and it gets an
> > error when I'm trying to install iso for my MPT SAS driver by using
> > DUD.
> > In the boot menu, I pressed tab to enter Kernel and added "inst,dd".
> > After that I got a screen shows a list of disk devices and selected
> > USB that has iso file for MPT SAS :
> > "Device : sda1 / Type : Vfat / Label : OEMDRV / UUDI : 6837-8481"
> >
> > Then, I selected drivers to install :
> > "/media/DD-2/rpms/x86_64/kmod-mptsas-3.04.20-
> > 6.e18_5.elrepo.x86_64.rpm"
> >
> > And I pressed "C" to continue and gets an error message below :
> >
> > "modprobe : ERROR : could not insert 'mptsas' : invalid argument"
> >
> > Could you please help me what's the next step I can try to fix the
> > issue?
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> https://lists.ovirt.org/archives/list/users@ovirt.org/message/ARCK2NHPQ4AQK7I5EUISUCSQCTHXIV7Q/

Sandro Bonazzola

MANAGER, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, EMEA R&D RHV

Red Hat EMEA <https://www.redhat.com/>

sbona...@redhat.com
<https://www.redhat.com/>

*Red Hat respects your work life balance. Therefore there is no need to
answer this email out of your office hours.*